Location: Position available at Ballyhass Mallow & Ballyhass Coachford
Salary: Based on experience
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Contract: 10 months with potential to expand (February – November)
Applications: Now Open. Closing November 9th
Interviews: November 16th - 30th
Job awarded: December 2020
Ballyhass Adventure Group
Ballyhass Adventure Group is a family-based business that currently offers over 20 adventure activities across two sites in Co. Cork to a wide range of individuals, families and groups.
In 2021 we plan to expand our company structure to free key management members up to focus on development and expansion. This has created new supervisor roles which will be tasked with overseeing day to day operations.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with vast industry experience to step into a supervisory role as a training officer for a busy commercial adventure activity centre.
This person will mainly be responsible for overseeing our team of in-house trainers including ropes trainers, archery trainers, kayaking trainers, etc. The successful candidate will make sure that a minimum standard is being achieved across the site by both trainers and instructors.
This position requires a person who is highly competent in a wide range of activities but also who is willing to accept their own limitations and seek outside training bodies to assist in areas where we are lacking. It’s not about being able to do it, it’s about making sure that it gets done.
- Training development
- Overseeing trainers
- Responsible for training documentation
- Monitoring trainers and staff regularly to ensure delivery is to the highest standard
- Giving constructive feedback to trainers and activity instructors
- Performance evaluations
- Site inspections and documentation
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must relish the opportunity to take on new challenges
- Have a good understanding of the outdoor industry
- Be able to use own initiative to develop the role
- Desire to expand knowledge of the business and customer base
- Excellent communication, organisation and computer skills
- Confident with the ability to manage multiple deadlines at once
- Flexible to work over 7 days a week, including bank holidays, weekends and school holidays
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience training activity instructors
- Kayaking ICU/BCU level 1/2/3 (preferred)
- SPA/MIA/ERCA (preferred)
- Lifeguarding/water rescue/powerboating (preferred)
- On-site accommodation
- Access to company activities
- Access to company events
- Onsite pro shop discount
- Weekly staff outings
Check out this great Edit and see your new office
Meet your colleagues and see what they think about working at Ballyhass. Fun, friendly, family & friends. Join Team Ballyhass you won't regret it.