Teenage Camp for Wakeboard Lovers
- 13 - 17 yr olds
- Monday - Friday
- 13:00 - 16.00
- Minimum 30 minutes on the water time each day
- Dedicated group leaders
- Focused on progression and certs
- Maximum group Size 12
- You do not have to be able to swim
- We Highly recommend a confidence in the water essentially be happy floating in a lifejacket for the cutting edge in particular.
- Challenge by choice: we will challenge you but will never force any participant.
- Guaranteed to be with your friends up to a group size of 10
Mallow Cutting Edge is our one and only wakeboarding camp! This camp is great for teenagers who want to be introduced to wakeboarding or already know how to wakeboard and want to expand on their skills. All abilities are welcome and catered for. This is a teenage camp where you can create your own independence and lifelong friendships through shared experiences. After you finish this camp we guarantee you will fall in love with wakeboarding and will be able to come back and pick up the sport as a lifestyle. We are extremely passionate about wakeboarding and getting teenagers into this lifelong community. You may have been to Ballyhass before but being with the same group for a full week and experiencing, learning and advancing in outdoor sports really is the ultimate outdoor experience you can have this year.
RRP - €150
Online Price - €125pp
Adventure Pass - €115
13:00-16:00 PM Monday through Friday
On day one please be on site for between 12.00 (at the earliest) and 12.30. There is a checkin process and group allocation. Its important here if you want to be in the same group together that you let us know. We will guarantee that you are in the same group as your friends once we are told about it. You can do this at checkin with the summer camp supervisor and they will ensure they are in the same group together.
- June 20th to 24th
- June 27th to July 1st
- July 4th to 8th
- July 11th to 15th
- July 18th to 22nd
- July 25th to 29th
- August 1st to 5th
- August 8th to 12th
- August 15th to 19th
Book Online. You can book over the phone but you will be charged RRP price.
- Swimwear & Towel
- We will provide all the wetsuits and safety equipment. Swimming togs are to be worn under these. If you have your own wetsuit you are welcome to bring it along.
- Plastic Bag or Dry bag
- You will more than likely have a lot of wet clothes so these are handy when packing.
- Wet shoes or Old Shoes
- For kayaking and raft building you will need to wear some form of footwear in the water. For all other water activities, you will have to walk with wetsuits on so shoes/ flip flops are vital.
- Warm Outdoor Clothing
- We are an outdoor activity centre. If it is raining we will still operate, we have a sheltered site that nothing short of a red weather warning stops us. It is your responsibility to have appropriate outdoor clothing. If nothing else at bringing a spare pair of clothes.
- Rainproof outer layer
- Probably the most important part of all. You can pick up cheap ponchos in any supermarket outdoor store. It will make your experience so much better if it's raining. (Or at a minimum a spare pair of clothing that can act as an extra layer)
- Big packed lunch
- On a full day, you will be outside for over 6.5 hours doing several active experiences. Trust us you WILL be hungry. We have a small cafe on site that has snacks available.
- Refillable water bottle
- We have a water fountain on site that you can refill your water bottle in between sessions.
- € coins for the tuck shop
- Our hot chocolates are famous!! We will also have our Lets Eat Takeaway cafe working on some days. Check with us in advance or pre book hot meals for the whole group.
- Waterproof sunblock
- Even on a cloudy day, this prevents wind burn. We can't overstate how important this is at all times of the year regardless of what the weather forecast says.
Is this camp for me?
If you want to get into the world of wakeboarding this is the camp for you. Five days with a minimum of 30 minutes on the water each day. Wakeboarding and learning from expert coaches while making friends with fellow wakeboarders your own age. All abilities catered for.
Can under 13’s join this camp?
We strongly advise 13yrs and up for this camp. This is because it is a wakeboarding camp and can be challenging for some. Everyone will be of the same age and ability.
Is this camp fully supervised?
Yes, all of our camps are fully supervised and they will be with our expert wakeboarding coaches at all times.
Can I try it out first?
Yes, we do have regular sets that you can book into first to see if it is something you would be interested in. Our regular wakeboarding is 15 minutes per set. If you enjoy this first set, our Cutting Edge Camp is a good way to build on your skills.
Does the Adventure Pass apply to this Summer Camp?
Yes! We do offer a discounted price to all our members. This camp is usually €125 online and Adventure Pass holders can get it for €114.