The premier Wakeboard event returns to Ireland in 2021
- 3 day event
- Categories: Rookie | Intermediate | open
- Comp Tee included with entry
- Pizzas included on comp day
- Night Jam Friday
- All day Jam sunday
- Awesome prizes for winners
The annual Ballyhass Open is making its grand return from August 12th - 14th 2021! We are excited to bring back our format of a head-to-head Mens Open from last year. This competition welcomes all, from those who have just learned to hit an obstacle all the way up to those who throw Raleys like they are nothing! We are buzzing to be back in a year that finally has some normality. We are offering tonnes of time on the water, fantastic prizes, and the usual Ballyhass welcome to celebrate the biggest wakeboard comp of the year!
There are different tickets in 2022
- Entry Fees: €65 Weekend Pass
- Under 18: €60 Weekend Pass
- Ballyhass Adventure Pass Holders: €50 Weekend Pass
Limtied of 40 weekend pass tickets avilable. (Free Camping on site for competitors with weekend tickets - neighbours and noise limits to be respected)
Introducing Event Day Pass
Saturday Only Day Comp Pass €40
- Includes 5 lap warmup Saturday morning open from 8am - 10am
- Comp Tee
Limit to 20 day tickets.
Avilable to book online from August 1st
Comp Entry includes:
Open Jam Friday til Dark
All Day Open Jam Sunday 10am till 6pm
Saturday Morning (coffee & pastry)
Saturday Lunch (Ballyhass pizzas)
Saturday Night open Dinner & Party €12 per person for hot meal all welcome. PLease register your place by 12pm Saturday.
This wakeboarding event will run for 3 days with the following itinerary:
Junior Practice Jam: 4pm - 7pm
Late Night Senior Practice Jam: 7pm - Late
The evening will be BYOB and you are more than welcome to bling up those boards for the night shred under our amazing floodlights.
Check in: 8:00am - 10am
Day Pass Rider Warmup: 8.00am - 10.00am
Riders Briefing: 10am - 10:30am
Rookies and Intermediate Competition: 11pm - 2pm
Lunch: 2pm - 3pm
Ballyhass Open: 3pm - 6:30pm
Dinner: 7pm - 8pm
Prize Giving: 8pm - 8:30pm
Social Event (Kelly’s Bar, Kanturk on site in Ballyhass): 9pm - Late
All Day Jam: 10am - 5pm. Fun competition running throughout the day for Best Kicker Hit / Best Rail Hit / Best Fall.
Fun Comp Prize Giving: 5pm - 5:30pm
Open Format 2021:
Rookie/Intermediate/Open Ladies Categories:
- 1 Run of 3 Laps
- Unlimited Falls
- Random Starting Order (Announced in the Morning)
- 2 Runs of 2 Laps
- Best Run Wins
- Head-to-Head elimination rounds (Announced in the Morning)
- No Falls
- Random Duels
(1 Lap - Up and Back to the Start Dock)
(No Falls - Straight Back to the Dock after a Fall)
All competitors are required to fill out the registeration form as well as buying your ticket and signing your waiver. You will be emailed this once you have bought your ticket. The wakepark team should be in touch within 7 days of booking.
– This division is aimed for riders who have just started out in the sport
– If you learnt to ride last week then you could enter the Rookies division this week!
– Any tricks up to and including 360’s off the kicker are allowed in this division
– If you can spin 540’s along an obstacle or off a kicker then we’ll see you later, you’re in Intermediates!
– If you can back lip or front board the obstacles then you too are off to the Intermediates
– Definitely no air tricks, that’s cheating at this level!
– Love wakeboarding, ride loads, but your not a pro? Then this division is for you.
– Tricks that are welcome in this division include: – Frontside 540’s and basic inverts like Tantrums, Scarecrows, Roll to Reverts off the kicker
– Obstacle tricks like ollie 270 onto a rail, ollie on backside lipslide, tail presses, nose presses etc
– If you have airtricks your up to open.
– If your mixing up your runs with technical rail hits, blind landings, FS & BS spins of 540’s or great and can throw those airtricks in say hello to the open division and the chance of some cash prizes!!
– If you want to be sponsored then you need to be in this division!
– If you’ve won intermediate events before then you too are in Open, so step up your game!