Early bird prices Now Launched for 2024! Available until end of January 2024.
Original Price €240; Early Bird Price €200
Book Today and Save!
An Entirely Unique Camp with Exploration at its Core
● 6 - 16 yr olds
● Groups organized by friendship circles and ages
● Guarantee no friends or siblings separated
● Monday - Friday
● 09.30 - 16.00
● Dedicated group leaders
● Camp T-shirts
● Maximum group Size 12
● Watersports, land and height activities all included (plus many more)
This exciting 5 day camp is the most popular camp in Coachford.
One day is fully dedicated to our Kayak Expedition. This day will begin with the kids
checking the weather forecasts, reading maps to plan their route, packing their lunch
and other supplies and organizing their boats. They will spend time learning to paddle
their boats effectively and playing games to build their confidence on the water. The
journey then winds the group up the gorgeous river Lee towards the stunning
Carrigadrohid Castle. The group will have lunch here and learn the cool history
surrounding the castle. The day will positively challenge the kids with an impressive 3.5
km of paddling, they will learn interesting things about the local surroundings and they
will return back to the center at the end of the day with a new amazing life experience.
The whole day is ran and supervised by experienced qualified water sport instructors.
Our wilderness day is full of fun forest games, shelter building, learning about nature
and wildlife, fire safety, and s’mores.They will spend all day tucked away in our secret
wildlife paradise. This unique experience will reconnect them with their surroundings
allowing them to leave behind technology and phones and re-adjust to a slower pace of
The rest of the week will be jam packed full of so many more activities, see below for
the full week activity list.
The Explorers is a camp we are truly excited about. In our eyes its everything a camp
should be about -
Outdoors | Adventure | Learning | Fun | Socialising | Progression | Exploration.
Week 1: 1st July – 5th July
Week 5: 29th July – 2nd August
Ballincollig – Ballyhass Coachford
via Classes Lakes Estate
Week 2: 8th July – 12th July
Week 6: 5th August – 9th August
Douglas (Maryborough Estate) – Ballyhass Coachford
Week 3: 15th July – 19th July
Week 7: 12th August – 16th August
Blackpool Shopping Centre – Ballyhass Coachford
Please contact the office at email@example.com or (022) 27773 to book your Ballyhass Bus!
Mon - Friday. 9:30am - 4pm
On day one please be on site for between 9.00 (at the earliest) and 9.30. There is a checkin process and group allocation. Its important here if you want to be in the same group together that you let us know. We will guarantee that you are in the same group as your friends once we are told about it. You can do this at checkin with the summer camp supervisor and they will ensure they are in the same group together.
** You will be required to sign in and out your campers each day with their group leader. If you have someone else picking them up we must be notified in advance, ideally the day before.
- July 1st to 5th
- July 8th to 12th
- July 15th to 19th
- July 22nd to 26th
- July 29th to 2nd
- August 5th to 9th
- August 12th to 16th
- August 19th to 23rd
Land, Water & Height elements throughout the week.
● Paddle Expedition
● Mega Sup
● Raft Build
● Problem Solving
● Camp Games (egg drop, Auction, Ballyhass olympics, Tie dye, Marble motion)
● Team Challenge Course
● High Nets
● Axe Throwing (14 years +)
Early Bird Price- €200
RRP - €240
Online Price - €240
Adventure Pass - €209
- Swimwear & Towel
- We will provide all the wetsuits and safety equipment. Swimming togs are to be worn under these. If you have your own wetsuit you are welcome to bring it along.
- Plastic Bag or Dry bag
- You will more than likely have a lot of wet clothes so these are handy when packing.
- Wet shoes or Old Shoes
- For kayaking and raft building you will need to wear some form of footwear in the water. For all other water activities, you will have to walk with wetsuits on so shoes/ flip flops are vital.
- Warm Outdoor Clothing
- We are an outdoor activity centre. If it is raining we will still operate, we have a sheltered site that nothing short of a red weather warning stops us. It is your responsibility to have appropriate outdoor clothing. If nothing else at bringing a spare pair of clothes.
- Rainproof outer layer
- Probably the most important part of all. You can pick up cheap ponchos in any supermarket outdoor store. It will make your experience so much better if it's raining. (Or at a minimum a spare pair of clothing that can act as an extra layer)
- Big packed lunch
- On a full day, you will be outside for over 6.5 hours doing several active experiences. Trust us you WILL be hungry. We have a small cafe on site that has snacks available.
- Refillable water bottle
- We have a water fountain on site that you can refill your water bottle in between sessions.
- € coins for the tuck shop
- Our hot chocolates are famous!! We have our Lets Eat Takeaway cafe open every day.
- Waterproof sunblock
- Even on a cloudy day, this prevents wind burn. We can't overstate how important this is at all times of the year regardless of what the weather forecast says.
What will the kids be doing in the summer camp throughout the week?
Our Explorers take part in over 10 different activity modules comprising of land, height and water activities each day while also gaining new friends and memories that will last a lifetime
They gain new skills in kayaking, archery, and wilderness skills. The perfect all round outdoor camp.
New skills with new interests. Lots of our kids go away from the camp looking to do more in outdoors whether that is to study, learn new skills or pursue a job, they remember Ballyhass as their first outdoor experience.
Will I be in the same group as my friends?
Yes, on the first morning when you are checking in please let us know here who you want to be in a group with and we will assign you and your friends all to the same group.
Is this camp available in Mallow?
Yes, we have the Mallow Troopers which would be the equivalent of this camp in Mallow.
Does the Adventure Pass apply to this Summer Camp?
Yes! We do offer a discounted price to all our members. This camp is usually €240 online and Adventure Pass holders can get it for €209.
When is payment due?
When booking you have the choice of paying in full or paying a €50 deposit. You can then pay the remaining balance at a later date over the phone or when you arrive on the first day of camp.
Here is a great video on what to expect throughout the week including the checkin process