Rejuvenate and energize with our Morning Sauna sessions. Every Saturday and Sunday during the summer, start your day by visiting our natural swimming area and indulging in our invigorating saunas. Immerse yourself in the serene ambiance of the crystal clear lake, setting the perfect tone for a refreshing weekend ahead.
Hugely Populary and one of the best communities around.
Love swimming outside but hate the cold that can often come with it? Swim and Sauna is for you, every Sunday morning and Tuesday and Thursday Evenings jump into our Mallow Lake and swim, with lifeguards on duty at all times it’s the best and safest way to get into outdoor swimming. By 10am you will probably need a break from the swim so drink a gallon of water and then it’s time to hit our saunas! They have been warming up just for you since early morning and we think by 10am they will be nice and toasty to warm you up.
How it works:
- If you are swimming first you can arrive anytime from 9am. The saunas will be ready from 9am on so plan out your swim session around the Sauna opening.
- Bring togs, two towels, flip-flops/wet shoes, lots of water, a dry robe or poncho is recommended.
- Swim to your hearts content
- Jump into the sauna from 9am Saturday & Sunday (max 15mins before you MUST take a break from the heat)
- Try out some optional Hot & Cold therapy or go from sauna to swimming if you wish.
- Drink plenty of water
- Have lots of fun!
- You do not need to submerge into our lake, but you must take a break from the sauna every 10 to 15 mins. Check out our Sauna Recovery for another option.
- Reduces stress
- Cleanses skin
- Helps fight illness
- Sleep better
- Improves brain & heart health
- Great for recovery for athletes
- Warms you up after a chilly swim
- It feels amazing!!!!!
- €10pp with your Adventure pass (Sauna & Swim)
- €12pp online.
- €20pp booking in person or over the phone.
Saturday 9:00, 10.00 & 11.00
Sunday 10.00, 11.00 & 12:00
Book online to guarentee you slot
For Group Bookings of Saunas email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two Towels - One cotton towel to sit on inside the sauna and one to dry off after. Dry robes and changing ponchos are ideal.
- Flip/flops to walk from sauna to lakeside entrance (20m walk)
- Big refillable water bottles for extra hydration. Hydration is key. Drink plenty before and after the sauna.
- The saunas are for anyone 16yrs and over.
- Please shower before you arrive. (there are showers available on site but only small numbers so please arrive at least 30mins before your recovery session start time if need to shower first.)
- Shoes are not permitted in the saunas
- Do not wear any creams or lotions.
- Jewelry is not permitted as metal can heat up against the skin and cause burns. Make sure your swimwear doesn't contain any metal parts.
- Water and hot stones are to be used with caution in the sauna.
- No food or drink is allowed in the sauna, please leave your water bottles outside.
- Anyone with an open wound will not be allowed into the sauna.
What age is this suitable for?
There is risk invloved with Hot/Cold therapies, we only allow participants 16yrs and up take part in these recovery sessions.
Do I have to be able to swim?
No, not at all. Our Saunas are always manned with a lifeguard that monitors the cold dip section. That section is deep water, but has step access so you slowly lower yourself into the water and your own pace. There are floating boys all around the deep plunge section.
Is there anyone else who cant take part?
Anyone with heart conitions or other medical conditions that are effected by heat treatment.
Pregant women are not advised to use saunas
Anyone younger then 16.
Can I bring my own oils?
Only if it is a private hire session, please let the Team Ballyhass Member know you are using it and they will show you the proper application. Use per scoop,nopt per bucket.
Can I combine this session with other activities?
Absolutely yes! perfect with open water swimming, SUP, Kayaking, Wakeboarding and more!! Call the bookings team from more information.