Learn to Wakeboard Couch to Kicker
Designed and delivered by women for women Starting Saturday 17th.
- Saturday Mornings
- 8:00 to 11:00
- Learn to Wakeboard over 6 weeks
- Women Only Group & Coaches
- Maximum group Size of 10
- Perfect for beginners
- Stand-up Paddle Board Warm Ups
- Get fit this summer while learning a new skill
One of the most popular courses we ran in recent years was our couch to kicker women learn to wakeboard course. We believe that Wakeboarding is the perfect sport for anyone to get into. But the fact that it is one-on-one coaching and has a fantastic community to meet new people, makes it more inviting than most. Of course, all the other benefits of being outdoors, getting super fit and learning a new trick every time you get out for a session is just amazing.
This year we have decided to add some additions to the course with the introduction of Stand Up Paddle This is a six week learn to wakeboard course for women coached by women. Every Saturday morning we will meet at 8am and spend 3 + hours down at the park. It means that you will get tonnes of water time and be around other riders with a very similar ability level to you. Wakeboarding can be learnt as much from watching other people as being out on the water. Having the chance to see other people at your level of learning is invaluable.
Jump on this course for these reasons
- There is no better way to clear your mind. If you are thinking about taking your first kicker (ramp) trust us you are not thinking about work!!
- The progression curve is huge. To begin with, you will be guaranteed to learn new tricks every session.
- It’s a rush. Travelling across the water at 25mph is some buzz, not much beats it. ● It’s easy and accessible to learn, while its a buzz at the top end, learning is easy and slow with constant coaching.
- There is an amazing community around it. Meet new like-minded people that are into spending their days chilling around the lake in the sun..... and sometimes snow!!
- Competition. For those who want to push on there are competitions held at Ballyhass each season. Great way to compare yourself to other riders. Plus for everyone, there are always amazing after parties!!
- What would you prefer to do? Treadmill or learning a new trick on the water? The easy answer for us.
RRP - €225
Online Price - €125pp
Adventure Pass - €114
8:00am - 11am Saturday 24th July
FREE TASTER SESSION JULY 17th
Swimwear & Towel
○ We will provide all the wetsuits and safety equipment. Swimming togs are to be worn under these. If you have your own wetsuit you are welcome to bring it along.
● Flipflops/crocs/old shoes to walk down to the Wakepark in.
Is this course for me?
If you are looking to get fit this summer, start something new or meet an amazing community of girls then this is the perfect course for you!
I don’t know how to swim. Can I still do this course?
You do not need to be able to swim as you will be wearing a buoyancy aid in the water. However, we do recommend that you have a good level of comfort in the water.
Do I need to be very fit to do this course?
You do not need to be super fit for Couch to Kicker. The idea of this course is to build fitness and strength over the 6 weeks.
I feel I might be too young/old for this course?
In previous years this course has been a mixture of students, new Moms getting back to fitness, women who have just moved to the locality looking for community and everyone in between and grandmothers looking to try something completely new ! This course is for everyone, no matter their age!