An introduction to the outdoors in a really friendly & Encouraging Atmosphere
- 6 - 9 yr olds
- Monday - Friday
- 09.30 - 12.30
- Over 8 Different outdoor Activities completed
- Guaranteed water each day
- Dedicated group leaders
- Camp Workbooks
- Extra time on Activities
- Maximum group Size 15
- You do not have to be able to swim
- We recommend a confidence in the water essentially be happy floating in a lifejacket.
- Challenge by choice: we will challenge you but will never force any participant.
- Guaranteed to be with your friends up to a group size of 10
We introduced the Cadets for the first time in 2020 and we were blown away by the response and the demand for a camp for the smallies. We are passionate about introducing people into the outdoors and if we can do that a younger age than all the better.
We want to make sure that the first introduction is a good one however and alot of thought as gone into this camp to give the very best experience to the participants. We take extra time to aget geared up each day. This age group tends to take longer to get ready and we dont want to rush them. The activitiy time is extended for the more adventorous sessions so we can spend more time making them feel comfortable and making them at ease. Everying is built around a really welcoming and caring environment so they have the best time ever! The dedicated cadet leaders are amazing at debriefs and reflection sessions to really celebrate all their achievements during the week.
With water and land activities each day, this is the perfect camp for anyone that is looking to take that first step into the outdoors. Each camp group will get a dedicated camp leader for the week that will guide and assist their group to experience the outdoors for the first time. One season with the recruits and campers are ready for the full trooper experience.
Why choose Cadets over Troopers or Explorers?
- The full day Monday to Friday can be along time for some, the half days make it much more achievable for an energy level perspective.
- Cadets are always more of a similar age group. In the troopers sometimes there can be older siblings that want to stay with younger brothers or sisters
- If your campers hasnt expereinced any outdoor activities before the extra time given here is a good place to start and really helps the nerves
RRP - €150
Online Price - €125
Adventure Pass - €115
**Summer Camp Lunch Pack Available in Mallow.
** If you are unsure about coming for the full week try our Cadets One Day Warriors, they are a great way to get a taste of the week and see how everyone enojoys themselves. They are a slightly different day format but they get to meet our instructors and the type of people who will be joining them on the course.
Monday - Friday from 9:30 - 12:30.
On day one please be on site for between 9.00 (at the earliest) and 9.30. There is a checkin process and group allocation. Its important here if you want to be in the same group toegther that you let us know. We will guarantee that you are in the same group as your firends once we are told about it. You can do this at checkin with the summer camp supervisor and they will ensure they are in the same group together.
- July 4th to 8th
- July 11th to 15th
- July 18th to 22nd
- July 25th to 29th
- August 1st to 5th
- August 8th to 12th
- August 15th to 19th
Book Online. You can book over the phone but you will be charged RRP price.
- Swimwear & Towel
- We will provide all the wetsuits and safety equipment. Swimming togs are to be worn under these. If you have your own wetsuit you are welcome to bring it along.
- Plastic Bag or Dry bag
- You will more than likely have a lot of wet clothes so these are handy when packing.
- Wet shoes or Old Shoes
- For kayaking and raft building you will need to wear some form of footwear in the water. For all other water activities, you will have to walk with wetsuits on so shoes/ flip flops are vital.
- Warm Outdoor Clothing
- We are an outdoor activity centre. If it is raining we will still operate, we have a sheltered site that nothing short of a red weather warning stops us. It is your responsibility to have appropriate outdoor clothing. If nothing else at bringing a spare pair of clothes.
- Rainproof outer layer
- Probably the most important part of all. You can pick up cheap ponchos in any supermarket outdoor store. It will make your experience so much better if it's raining. (Or at a minimum a spare pair of clothing that can act as an extra layer)
- Big packed lunch
- On a full day, you will be outside for over 6.5 hours doing several active experiences. Trust us you WILL be hungry. We have a small cafe on site that has snacks available.
- Refillable water bottle
- We have a water fountain on site that you can refill your water bottle in between sessions.
- € coins for the tuck shop
- Our hot chocolates are famous!! We will also have our Lets Eat Takeaway cafe working on some days. Check with us in advance or pre book hot meals for the whole group.
- Waterproof sunblock
- Even on a cloudy day, this prevents wind burn. We can't overstate how important this is at all times of the year regardless of what the weather forecast says.
My child is nervous and not use to the outdoors, is this a suitable camp?
- Yes! throughout the 5 days on this camp we take it nice and easy for the participants. They don't do height activities and it is primarily water and land activities they will be doing, perfect for a start in the outdoors. We promise after the 5 days that your kid will be dying to come back and experience more of Ballyhass