An introduction to the outdoors in a really friendly & Encouraging Atmosphere
- 6 - 9 yr olds
- Monday - Friday
- 09.30 - 12.30
- Over 8 Different outdoor Activities completed
- Guaranteed water each day
- Dedicated group leaders
- Camp Workbooks
- Extra time on Activities
- Maximum group Size 15
- You do not have to be able to swim
- We recommend a confidence in the water essentially be happy floating in a lifejacket.
- Challenge by choice: we will challenge you but will never force any participant.
- Guaranteed to be with your friends up to a group size of 10
We introduced the Cadets for the first time in 2020 and we were blown away by the response and the demand for a camp for the smallies. We are passionate about introducing people into the outdoors and if we can do that at a younger age then all the better.
We want to make sure that the first introduction is a good one however and a lot of thought has gone into this kids summer camp to give the very best experience to the participants. We take extra time to get geared up each day. This age group tends to take longer to get ready and we dont want to rush them. The activity time is extended for the more adventurous sessions so we can spend more time making them feel comfortable and making them at ease. Everything is built around a really welcoming and caring environment so they have the best time ever! The dedicated cadet leaders are amazing at debriefs and reflection sessions to really celebrate all their achievements during the week.
With water and land activities each day, this is the perfect camp for anyone that is looking to take that first step into the outdoors. Each camp group will get a dedicated camp leader for the week that will guide and assist their group to experience the outdoors for the first time. One season with the recruits and campers are ready for the full trooper experience.
Why choose Cadets over Troopers or Explorers?
- The full day Monday to Friday can be a long time for some, the half days make it much more achievable from an energy level perspective.
- Cadets are always more of a similar age group. In the troopers sometimes there can be older siblings that want to stay with younger brothers or sisters
- If your campers have not expereinced any outdoor activities before the extra time given here is a good place to start and really helps the nerves
RRP - €135
Online Price - €135
Adventure Pass - €125
**Summer Camp Lunch Pack Available in Mallow.
** If you are unsure about coming for the full week try our Cadets One Day Warriors, they are a great way to get a taste of the week and see how everyone enojoyed themselves. They are a slightly different day format but they get to meet our instructors and the type of people who will be joining them on the course.
Monday - Friday from 9:30 - 12:30.
On day one please be on site for between 9.00 (at the earliest) and 9.30. There is a checkin process and group allocation. Its important here if you want to be in the same group together that you let us know. We will guarantee that you are in the same group as your friends once we are told about it. You can do this at checkin with the summer camp supervisor and they will ensure they are in the same group together.
- July 4th to 8th
- July 11th to 15th
- July 18th to 22nd
- July 25th to 29th
- August 1st to 5th
- August 8th to 12th
- August 15th to 19th
Book Online. You can book over the phone but you will be charged RRP price.
- Swimwear & Towel
- We will provide all the wetsuits and safety equipment. Swimming togs are to be worn under these. If you have your own wetsuit you are welcome to bring it along.
- Plastic Bag or Dry bag
- You will more than likely have a lot of wet clothes so these are handy when packing.
- Wet shoes or Old Shoes
- For kayaking and raft building you will need to wear some form of footwear in the water. For all other water activities, you will have to walk with wetsuits on so shoes/ flip flops are vital.
- Warm Outdoor Clothing
- We are an outdoor activity centre. If it is raining we will still operate, we have a sheltered site that nothing short of a red weather warning stops us. It is your responsibility to have appropriate outdoor clothing. If nothing else at bringing a spare pair of clothes.
- Rainproof outer layer
- Probably the most important part of all. You can pick up cheap ponchos in any supermarket outdoor store. It will make your experience so much better if it's raining. (Or at a minimum a spare pair of clothing that can act as an extra layer)
- Big packed lunch
- On a full day, you will be outside for over 6.5 hours doing several active experiences. Trust us you WILL be hungry. We have a small cafe on site that has snacks available.
- Refillable water bottle
- We have a water fountain on site that you can refill your water bottle in between sessions.
- € coins for the tuck shop
- Our hot chocolates are famous!! We will also have our Lets Eat Takeaway cafe working on some days. Check with us in advance or pre book hot meals for the whole group.
- Waterproof sunblock
- Even on a cloudy day, this prevents wind burn. We can't overstate how important this is at all times of the year regardless of what the weather forecast says.
My child is nervous and not use to the outdoors, is this a suitable camp?
Yes! throughout the 5 days on this camp we take it nice and easy for the participants. They don't do height activities and it is primarily water and land activities they will be doing, perfect for a start in the outdoors. We promise after the 5 days that your kid will be dying to come back and experience more of Ballyhass
Is there another camp with longer days?
Yes, we have our Troopers Camp which is a full week of full days. This is for 8-16yrs, we recommend if they are under 8yrs to stick with the Cadets Camp so they are with a group of their own age and ability. The cadets camp is a great introduction to the outdoors for 6-8yrs.
Are your instructors experienced?
Yes, we have extremely experienced instructors who all undergo in depth training at the start of each year. We all strive to deliver the best possible outdoor experience and are committed to safety through learning.
Can I try a day out first?
Yes, we recommend if you haven't been here before to try out our One Day Warriors Camp. This camp is one full day of activities and it is a good taster of the full week camps, you will also get a chance to meet our instructors.
Where do I collect my camper?
On day one please report to main office with your camper in the morning, collection & pickup for the rest of the week will be in our over-flow carpark
When is payment due?
When booking you have the choice of paying in full or paying a €50 deposit. You can then pay the remaining balance at a later date over the phone or when you arrive on the first day of camp.
Does the Adventure Pass apply to this Summer Camp?
Yes! We do offer a discounted price to all our members. This camp is usually €125 online and Adventure Pass holders can get it for €115.