A week-long adventure that will be remembered for a lifetime..
- 8 - 16 yr olds
- Monday - Friday
- 09.30 - 16.00
- Over 15 different activities completed
- Guaranteed water each day
- Dedicated group leaders
- Camp Tee / Lanyards / Stickers
- Our most popular and long running camp
- Maximum group Size 15
- You do not have to be able to swim
- We recommend a confidence in the water essentially be happy floating in a lifejacket.
- Challenge by choice: we will challenge you but will never force any participant.
- Guaranteed to be with your friends up to a group size of 10
The Troopers is our most popular and long running camp. Full days all week and experiencing everything Ballyhass Mallow has to offer. Dedicated leaders will meet at drop off and collection each day so you can get feedback each day and know exactly how the camp is going. You might have been to Ballyhass before but being with the same group for a full week and experiencing, learning and advancing in all the amazing outdoor sports we are so passionate about really is the ultimate outdoor experience you can have this year.
During a week at Ballyhass Lakes you will benefit from participating in the full range of activities available. We adapt each activity to suit your abilities, challenging you and introducing you to new skills in a safe and enjoyable environment. After a week here you will have made new friends and cemented existing friendships through shared experiences that you may remember for a lifetime. Each day four activities are completed usually a mixture of water and land based.
Prior to each week we hold a webinar to answer any questions you may have and to run through the plans for the week. You will receive an email by the Saturday before the camp. We do this to allow for last minute bookings.
RRP - €220
Online Price - €220
Adventure Pass - €209
** If you are unsure about coming for the full week try our One Day Warriors, they are a great way to get a taste of the week and see how everyone enojoyed themselves. They are a slightly shorter day but they get to meet our instructors and the type of people who will be joining them on the course.
Mon - Friday. 9:30am - 4pm
On day one please be on site for between 9.00 (at the earliest) and 9.30. There is a checkin process and group allocation. Its important here if you want to be in the same group together that you let us know. We will guarantee that you are in the same group as your firends once we are told about it. You can do this at checkin with the summer camp supervisor and they will ensure they are in the same group together.
- July 4th to 8th
- July 11th to 15th
- July 18th to 22nd
- July 25th to 29th
- August 1st to 5th
- August 8th to 12th
- August 15th to 19th
Book Online. You can book over the phone but RRP price will be charged.
- Swimwear & Towel
- We will provide all the wetsuits and safety equipment. Swimming togs are to be worn under these. If you have your own wetsuit you are welcome to bring it along.
- Plastic Bag or Dry bag
- You will more than likely have a lot of wet clothes so these are handy when packing.
- Wet shoes or Old Shoes
- For kayaking and raft building you will need to wear some form of footwear in the water. For all other water activities, you will have to walk with wetsuits on so shoes/ flip flops are vital.
- Warm Outdoor Clothing
- We are an outdoor activity centre. If it is raining we will still operate, we have a sheltered site that nothing short of a red weather warning stops us. It is your responsibility to have appropriate outdoor clothing. If nothing else at bringing a spare pair of clothes.
- Rainproof outer layer
- Probably the most important part of all. You can pick up cheap ponchos in any supermarket outdoor store. It will make your experience so much better if it's raining. (Or at a minimum a spare pair of clothing that can act as an extra layer)
- Big packed lunch
- On a full day, you will be outside for over 6.5 hours doing several active experiences. Trust us you WILL be hungry. We have a small cafe on site that has snacks available.
- Refillable water bottle
- We have a water fountain on site that you can refill your water bottle in between sessions.
- € coins for the tuck shop
- Our hot chocolates are famous!! We will also have our Lets Eat Takeaway cafe working on some days. Check with us in advance or pre book hot meals for the whole group.
- Waterproof sunblock
- Even on a cloudy day, this prevents wind burn. We can't overstate how important this is at all times of the year regardless of what the weather forecast says.
What will the kids be doing in the summer camp throughout the week?
Our troopers take part in over 20 different activity modules comprising of land, height and water activities each day while also gaining new friends and memories that will last a lifetime
They gain new skills in kayaking, cliff climbing, abseiling, & archery. The perfect all round outdoor camp.
New skills with new interests. Lots of our kids go away from the camp looking to do more in outdoors whether that is to study, learn new skills or pursue a job, they remember ballyhass as their first outdoor experience.
Will I be in the same group as my friends?
Yes, on the first morning when you are checking in please let us know here who you want to be in a group with and we will assign you and your friends all to the same group.
Where do I collect my camper?
On day one please report to main office with your camper in the morning, collection & pickup for the rest of the week will be in our over-flow carpark
What if I have to leave early?
That is no problem, just be sure to notify a member of staff when you are checking in on the first day and we will make sure they are ready early for you. Just to be aware if you are leaving early you might miss out on certain activities that day.
Do you keep lost property?
Yes, we do keep any lost property we find left on site. But please be aware we do get large quantities of lost property so we only keep certain items for up to 2 weeks.
Does the Adventure Pass apply to this Summer Camp?
Yes! We do offer a discounted price to all our members. This camp is usually €210 online and Adventure Pass holders can get it for €191.